Want to know about our Welcome Home Greetings, fund-raisers, care package collection drives and other events?
To get all the latest events and welcome home celebration notifications, please click "Contact Us" and send us a request to be added to our email notification list. We do not advertise any welcome home celebrations on our website in fears of a Hero finding out ahead of time that he/she is going to be surprised! Thank you
OPERATION YELLOW RIBBON of SOUTH JERSEY TO HOST HOLIDAY COOKIE/BAKED GOODS DRIVE TO BOOST MORALE OF TROOPS IN MIDDLE EAST FOR THE HOLIDAY SEASON
Holiday Cookie/Treats Drive for the Troops!
Operation Yellow Ribbon of South Jersey (OYRSJ) is proud to announce it will be hosting a holiday cookie collection drive to send to the Troops deployed in The Middle East. OYRSJ is honored to offer another opportunity to show our brave women and men deployed in harm’s way that they are supported by grateful Americans here back home.
On Saturday, December 2, from 10 AM – 1 PM at the 8th Legislative District Office at 176 Route 70, Suite 13 in Medford, NJ, volunteers of OYRSJ will greet generous supporters of the community to receive their donated baked goods and treats. Volunteers will pack and box all donated baked and store bought items to be mailed to recipients on OYRSJ’s care package mailing list. This is a great way this holiday season for all of us to show our appreciation for our US Armed Forces and give them a taste of home during this holiday season.
We take this time to thank all our amazing supporters in the community including our friends at the 8th Legislative District Office for their constant support and generosity with allowing us their location for this collection drive.
• Besides baked goods; store bought cookies and treats will also be accepted and shipped.
• Packaging: if possible, please put your cookies in layers in large Ziploc bags or in Glad disposable containers. (Cookie tins will be accepted but they are not our first preference as they weigh more and are costly to ship). Containers of any type will not be returned as they will be used to ship to recipients.
• Personal, unsealed notes in with your donations are encouraged. Feel free to write about your cookie baking or a note of encouragement, etc.
• Adults; feel free to include your personal e-mail address should you like a response from our recipients. We cannot promise recipients will correspond as some do not have e-mail access, but we do have some that will write back.
• Children are encouraged to create or write their own holiday cards or notes to show support to our Troops. No last names, addresses, or phone numbers please of children.
• If you have baked goods that you want to contribute but cannot make it on Saturday December 2 to donate, you can drop them off to Family & Co. Jewelers on Rt 70 in Plaza 70 in Marlton on Thursday November 30th and Friday December 1st. For more on these 2 drop off dates; please contact Angelo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• NEW THIS YEAR: We have added a secondary collection point for those that cannot make it to our event in Medford on Saturday Dec 2. Donation items can also be dropped off on Saturday Dec 2 from 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM at the Runnemede VFW Post 3324 located at 600 North Black Horse Pike in Runnemede.
• We will be shipping these items on Monday, December 4. Items will only be accepted in person on Saturday, December 2 in person from 10 AM to 1 PM at the 8th Legislative District Office at 176 Route 70, Suite 13 in Medford, NJ. For more, please contact Dave Silver at OYRofSJ@gmail.com.